The library has a wide collection of both fiction and non-fiction titles from OverDrive which can be accessed through the library's online catalogue from anywhere in the world.
By logging in with your username and password you will have 24/7 access to our eBook collection.
OverDrive is a quick and easy way to access eBooks. It's simple — just follow the link to the catalogue, login with your library card number and password, download and enjoy.
- Maximum 4 loans
- 4 reservations
- 21 day loan period
- No renewals (titles can be returned early)
To borrow on an eReader (via PC):
- On your computer, download Adobe Digital Editions and register.
- Download eBooks from the Library's OverDrive catalogue.
- Plug your eReader into you computer and transfer the eBooks from Adobe Digital editions to your eReader.
To borrow on tablet/smartphone:
- Download the OverDrive app from the Apple Store or Google Play.
- When you first open the app, select 'The Melbourne Athenaeum Library' as your library.
- To browse and borrow, the app brings you to the OverDrive page on the library website. To borrow you will need to log in with your library card number and password.
- You can now borrow eBooks from the overdrive collection. After downloading an eBook, return to the app bookshelf to read.
You can also find more detailed information at help.overdrive.com